Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Dog Days of Summer?



The heat and humidity of midwestern summer is back.  This calls for drastic measures -- baring my arms and shoulders ;-) (although, I do like my shoulders).  Hopefully, the deep red keeps this from looking too summery.  The flats (which you can't see in this photo, sorry, see below) are deep red suede and help to say autumn.  It's difficult to dress for early autumn when the temperatures are 90 or more and the humidity can be tropical.  (For those of you unfamiliar with the midwest, the dewpoint can reach 70 in the summer; the acres and acres of corn transpire lots of moisture into the air.)

So, I want to be wearing jeans and boots and layering to add interest, but it's just too darn hot.  Boy, does that say I'm old -- Dressing for comfort instead of style.



The details:
Dress:  Horny Toad
Belt:  vintage
Shoes: Nine West Vintage America Collection (my first purchase of fall shoes/apparel this year)
Bracelets: vintage

I think I'm getting a little better at this -- smiling for no reason at all is getting easier.  We still don't have the lighting right. Hair looked better in the first photo; by the time the next photo was taken, humidity flattened it (Actually, a number of photos were taken in between them, viewed and immediately discarded.) Oh well.

Thanks for looking.  Comments are always welcome.

Norma VV



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty dress, Norma. Love the neckline and the belt is perfect with it. I'm with you on the comfort thing. I gear more and more with comfort in mind all the time. These days I've learned to no longer tolerate those shoes that make my feet ache. Out they go!
    So nice that your hubby likes to help you with the photograpy! Then that is something you can enjoy doing together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa and thanks for the comments. I'm in agreement with you on the shoes; I still own a few that are uncomfortable, but am slowly replacing them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No problem. I found a few of my own after reading this comment. Oh well, perfection is something I'll never achieve.

      Delete
  3. Hi Norma, love your hair in the first pic. Wow that's a lovely dress. Great neckline too. And you just look stunning.

    ReplyDelete