Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Wardrobe Staple for a Wednesday Lunch Date

Hi everyone.  Lunch date with my husband today; then a little shopping after. The heat and humidity were a little unpleasant.  It's not a great outfit, but it worked and kept me relatively cool.

The black skirt is a flared Tahari I purchased new about 20 years ago.  It's been a staple in my wardrobe. (oops, my foot is sliding out of my sandal)

Today, I wore the skirt with a lace shirt, a chain belt with pink leather rosettes and black leather leaves, a few bracelets, and a pink/grey/multi bead necklace. Glad I brought along a pink shrug; the restaurant's AC was a little to cool for me.

The details:
Lace blouse: Calvin Klein
Black skirt: Tahari
Sandals: Italian Shoemakers
Belt: Brighton
Bracelets: Unknown
Necklace: Unknown

Do you own and wear a piece of clothing that has been in your wardrobe for years? Is it a classic piece, such as a black skirt, or is it is something else?

Thanks for visiting!

Norma VanV

7 comments:

  1. The belt is a added touch... Your accessories flow naturally with this look! I own quite of few items that I don't want to part with. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. Keep the items you love! I made the mistake of following the closet rules of the home organizers. Now I have so many regrets.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Norma. I love the belt, it's so pretty. Lovely lace blouse. Do you love lace as much as I do? I like your outfit. It's casual but classy. BTW you hair looks beautiful today.
    As for your question. Yes, yes, yes ;-) I do have some pieces of clothing that has been with me for ages. e.g. a jeans jackett I just can't part with. Totally oldfashion, or maybe trendy, as the 80s/90s will be back, or so I've heard. Anyway, there are a couple of other items as well. Sweaters, a deeply loved dress. Well not to mention the accessories.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lenya xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya. As I mentioned above to Lynn, keep the items you love.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Norma. I think this is a very pretty outfit. The strappy sandals, lovely pink flower detail on belt, and lace fabric of the top all say sooo feminine. I like how you wrapped the necklace too. And yes, your hair looks super gorgeous today. I love how it's fringy at your bangs and side pieces.

    ReplyDelete