Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Casual Dress Goes Dressy for Friday Night Date

The brown dress is an empire style which works well on my pear-shaped body.  I added a beige leather belt at the seam under the bust. It's a comfortable dress and the style lends itself to transformation/restyle later this fall. I'm certain you'll see this dress again in the coming weeks.

Although most of my posts show me in flats, I actually do wear heels.  These platforms are a killer height, but I can still do it without falling down! Yeah!  I owned some killer platforms in the early 70s; my favorite pair were mustard and navy suede and I wish I still owned them. Do you have shoe memories ... a pair from your past that you loved?

Other accessories are a gold-toned and pearl necklace; a gold-toned, pearl and rhinestone bracelet; a small brown fabric covered clutch; and my favorite gold ring.  I don't normally use pockets (which my husband doesn't understand), but I love the placement of these.  Although the pockets tend to communicate casual, I think dressing this up a bit worked.  What do you think?

The details
Dress:  Calvin Klein
Shoes:  Calvin Klein
Belt:  Audrey Talbott
Necklace:  Talbots
Bracelet:  Erica Lyons
Clutch:  Enzo Angiolini
Where I Wore It:  Friday Night Dinner Date

Thanks for visiting!  Comments/thoughts are always welcome.

Norma VanV

11 comments:

  1. I think you transformed this more casual dress into a beautiful date night outfit. I love seeing how things like that can transition from day to night. Those heels! They're fabulous, but I am learning that my feet are resisting this height these days. Jewelry is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I don't often wear this height -- only when I can convince my husband to drop me off at the door (just kidding). I always admire your jewelry and how you incorporate the pieces into your total look, so your jewelry compliment is very much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Hi Norma. Lovely dress. I am with Lisa. You transformed a casual dress into a gorgeous date night outfit. Oh I love your shoes. They are awesome. I remember my very first heels. My mum bought me red patent leather slings. It weren't high heels, tho, I was just in the 7th grade, but nevertheless heels. I was as proud as a peacock. Yeah those were the days.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya. Thank you for sharing such a great shoe memory -- made me smile!!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nice comments on three not just one, of my posts. That is flattery I like. Hahahaha. Your blog is cleaver and you look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo....love those sandals!
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are FIERCE!!! I might have to jump you for them. ;o)

    xo,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Well, at my age you just don't know how many years of high heel wearing are left -- could be 1 or 2, could be 10 or 12. So, if you're patient, no need to jump me. Just let me know if you're a size 6 and I'll put your name in the shoe box for later shoe adoption. :-)

      Delete