Saturday, October 12, 2013

Is It Time to Say Goodbye to These Past Favorite Autumn Outfits?

I think it may be time to say goodbye to this Nic + Zoe outfit. I can't decide. Since my "pear-shapedness" (is that a word?? nope, but appropriate) has become more prominent, this is no longer a great look for me. Maybe the top would look better with a fuller skirt instead of the narrower trouser? I love this jacket, so before I donate it, I'll try it with a skirt or different trousers.
The details:
Tank, trousers, jacket: Nic + Zoe
Shoes: BCB Generation


Also, I frequently wore this sweater during the autumn in the past 2 or 3 years. I thrifted this shirt (see here) specifically for this sweater, but I don't think this sweater is a favorite anymore. I also thrifted the necklace this week with this sweater in mind. The print may just be too big for me and the length just a little too long.  Like the above Nic + Zoe jacket, they both end at the widest part of my body.
The details:
Jeans: Jones New York
Shirt: Thrifted Talbots
Sweater: Jones New York
Boots: Nine West Vintage America Collection
Belt: Old, unknown
Necklace: Thrifted this week, closeup photo coming soon

Your comments and thoughts are always welcome! Thanks for visiting!

Norma VanV

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Norma. I really love the pretty sweater, it's color palette, and think it hits you at a flattering length. I also like the top, necklace belt and jeans you chose to wear with it.
    I like jackets/shirts/sweaters that hit me about mid to lower hip rather than a shorter style, but that's just my own preference. I've got a post ready (but not yet published) about my own cardigan issues. haha I'm glad we're all here to get helpful ideas from each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I agree about finding helpful ideas from each other. I've learned so much from you and other bloggers since I began this journey. And I always appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

      Delete
  2. Why not try the Nic + Zoe jacket with a pencil skirt knee length or midi. Midi btw are totally trendy, tho. No flats!! but heels, even kitten ones will do. You need color with the jacket, so maybe the bottom should be of a complimentary color or a scarf to go bold, something like that. Hope that makes sense. The pants are too pretty to get rid of, again heels are needed. Try different tops to go with the pants. Just my humble opinion Norma. Just play around and have fun. I am sure you'll come up with some cool ideas.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya! Again, excellent suggestions; they make perfect sense. I always value your opinion!

      Delete