Thursday, October 3, 2013

Camo Shirt and Thrift Finds

Busy week this week. I did find time for thrift shopping on Tuesday and will post the found items next week. Since the temperature was a little cooler this week, I wore trousers, a t-shirt and a sweater for thrifting. Next time, I'll leave the heels at home. ;-)








The details:
T-Shirt: Simply Vera, Vera Wang
Trousers: FDJ French Dressing
Sweater: Nic + Zoe
Shoes: Thrifted Nine West (see below)
Bracelet: Relativity

The following items were found on Tuesday, September 24.


A beaded collar shirt and a black a-line skirt, nothing special but good basics for fall.

My favorite this week: a brown tweed skirt with brown crochet trim.
 A red rag weave cardigan,
 an oatmeal v-neck, and
a black leather and sweater knit jacket. I'm seeing leather sleeves with knitted bodices this fall, but hope I can make this opposite style work instead.
The only sleet/snow repellant coat I own is a sporty parka, so this dressier coat will be a great addition for midwest winters. (What's with all the spots on this photo? Sorry.)

I think I can find lots of uses for this versatile gold beaded sweater.

I'm not certain how I'll use this denim duster ... I'm having a little buyer's remorse ... but I hope I can figure out how to use this. Ideas are welcome!


This is a vintage velvet vest and I'm really excited to own it!

I think this is a vintage jacket; it's oversized for me, but I hope I can make it work. My husband called it the "Sgt. Pepper Jacket".
Two pair of shoes -- the Nine West are (poorly) pictured at the beginning of this post. The Nina pair are ankle-strapped and have a really fun painted heel.

Finally, a pair of jeans that fit! But how to wear this style? Only one way to make these jeans work -- get my Cowgirl on.



And, finally, I found three pieces of jewelry: a bracelet and two broaches; none are vintage. I already own an identical bracelet.

I also purchased a 70's vintage outfit that I'll wear for the birthday party of Sheila of Ephemera. That's it for last week.

Thrifted details:
Beaded collar shirt: Talbots $9.99
Black A-line skirt: Talbots $9.99
Crochet trim skirt: Talbots $9.99
Cardigan: Talbots $9.99
V-Neck sweater: Banana Republic $9.99
Leather and knit jacket: Ann Taylor $14.99
Coat: Drizzle $8.00
Beaded sweater: Designer Original $3.49
Denim duster: Gap $14.99
Velvet vest: Dino Ricco Original "Bell Boy" $4.00
Sgt. Pepper jacket: Julian Taylor $2.00
Brown shoes: Nine West $3.00
Black painted heel shoes: Nina $3.00
Embellished jeans: Ann Taylor Loft $12.99
Bracelet: $2.38
Bunny broach: $1.19
Vintage-look broach: $1.49

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Norma...you have the nicest wardrobe. I love the outfit you wore shopping, especially that cardigan with the pretty detail and green color on it.
    And now you have even more beautiful clothes! You hit the jackpot. Oh my, what nice brands you picked up. I love that leather/knit Ann Taylor jacket.
    (I get those spots on my photos sometimes too. They're just random and not on every one during "the shoot"....so I'm not sure what it's from. It happens.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Sorry I'm so late with replies! This is the 3rd or 4th year for that sweater; I wear it in both the spring and fall. The same detail is on the back of the sweater, also.
      Although black isn't a great color for me, I love that Ann Taylor jacket too.
      Glad I'm not alone with those darn spots. It's just so weird!

      Delete
  2. I agree on ditching the heels to thrift! Although when I find shoes, I wear them around the store for a good while of my shopping to test for comfort. My favorite is the Ann Taylor jacket and think it is definitely on trend for the mixed media jackets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tracey! What was I thinking when I wore those heels for a thrift shopping excursion???!!! I think I've just learned the lessen about thrift shoe buying. I came home with a pair this week that became uncomfortable after a short time of wear.

      Delete
  3. OMG!!!! again you hit the jackpot Norma. Great finds. I am in love with the Sgt. Pepper jacket. May I have it pretty puleeeeeze ;-) Can't wait to see you wearing it. And the leather jacket and the coats. And I love the outfit you are wearing. You look very relaxed. And happy. You have such a nice smile.
    have a lovely weekend Norma.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lenya! The Sgt. Pepper jacket has larger shoulder pads and is actually a bit big for me, but I think I'll just try to embrace the oversized look -- maybe pair it with skinny trousers or jeans. Maybe it will work!
      And, thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
    2. Hey Lenya! The Sgt. Pepper jacket has larger shoulder pads and is actually a bit big for me, but I think I'll just try to embrace the oversized look -- maybe pair it with skinny trousers or jeans. Maybe it will work!
      And, thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. What a great haul! I would have been stalking you if I saw that gold adorned tshirt in your cart. Do you ever do that? Follow someone around the store hoping they ditch something you've got your eye on? I'm so lame, :)...But! To be honest, the denim duster is my favourite garment here. I love it! Is it loose enough to wear as a light coat over pants or a skirt? That would be my first choice. Can't wait to see you modeling it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sue! Actually, I haven't stalked anyone, but I have been stalked! LOL
      The duster can be worn as a coat and I've tried it over a skirt and trousers, I just haven't found the correct look yet. I'm still working on it and will post a pic once I found the right ensemble.

      Delete