Monday, October 14, 2013

Thrift Haul -- It Was a Black and White Day

When thrift shopping, I have a list of items I'm looking for. Right now the list includes: anything leather or suede (preferably trousers and skirts), bright color blouses, a black skinny belt, a brown plaid or print shirt. However, the selection for shorter women like me is limited and alterations just don't make sense for a number of reasons. So, I keep an open mind and buy what fits and will work with my current wardrobe.

Even though I'm shopping at four different and unique thrift stores, last week most of the items that worked for me seemed to be black, white/ivory, or a combination. I did manage to find a few pieces of jewelry.

An ivory on ivory print blouse and a black/ivory plaid wool skirt.

An ivory lace 3/4 sleeve shirt. I've already worn this shirt and will post pictures, probably tomorrow.


A black/white large paisley print t-shirt with rhinestone buttons.


A black sweater coat.


A black short knit jacket with ruffles. I've already worn this jacket and will post pictures, probably tomorrow.


A black suede jacket. This is the most I've paid for an item at the regular Goodwill store.


A blue suede jacket. Finally, no black or white/ivory. Since this jacket was so cheap, I don't feel so bad about the amount I paid for the above black suede jacket. I'm not familiar with the brand of this blue jacket, but the quality of the suede is superior to the quality of the black suede jacket.


Red/black plaid shirt.


A vintage black patent leather handbag, two necklaces, and two bracelets.



The details:
Ivory on ivory print blouse: Coldwater Creek $2.99
Ivory lace 3/4 sleeve shirt: Coldwater Creek $1.99
Black/white paisley t-shirt: Sportelle $1.49
Sweater coat: DKNY $3.49
Short knit jacket: INC Petites $9.99
Black suede jacket: Style & Co. $24.97
Blue suede jacket:  Doncaster Sport $3.99
Plaid shirt: Talbots $3.49
Vintage handbag: Unknown maker $9.99
Turquoise stretch bracelet: Unknown maker $12.49
Turquoise diamond shape bracelet: Unknown maker $9.99
Green necklace: Unknown maker $3.99
Orange/green/clear necklace: Unknown maker $3.99

Thanks for visiting! Happy (thrift) hunting.

Norma VanV

4 comments:

  1. Great suede jackets....and love all the jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa -- I am working on building my meager jewelry collection. I'm always in such awe of yours'.

      Delete
  2. Norma!!!!! you are incredible!! Gee!!! you always hit the jackpot! It's unbelievable gal. Those are great finds. Again. I am falling in love with the lace blouse. soooo pretty. Every item is so pretty. Can't wait seeing an outfit with the lace blouse. OH my so so pretty. And the necklace, the one on the bag, awesome. So darling. And now you go and do an outfit, I wanna see it. NOW!!! ;-)
    hugs sweetie
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lenya! I really love that lace blouse, too. I think I can use it in so many different ways.
      Hugs back at ya.

      Delete