Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Styling The Thrifted Asian Print Trousers

Thought I would share how I styled the thrifted Chicos' Asian print ??trousers?? (see here). When I purchased these, I didn't quite know what they were or how I was going to wear/style them. They are too long and wide for capris, too short for trousers, and too long for gauchos. The print was just too interesting to pass by. I really left my comfort zone with these ??trousers??.

But, I think it worked -- it's fun and different! The weather is turning cold now, so I don't think I'll wear it again until the spring. I'll definitely look forward to wearing it again.


The details
Thrifted/Found:
Trousers: Chico's (see here)
Lace Top: Coldwater Creek (see here)
Knit Jacket: INC Petites (see here)
Faux Pearl Necklaces: Recently found at local antique mall 2@$2.00 each
From My Closet:
Belt: Betsey Johnson
Suede Ghillie Heels: Talbots

Looking forward to your comments/thoughts/critiques. Thanks for visiting!

Norma VanV

Linking to Visible Monday, Not Dead Yet Style

14 comments:

  1. I like this look. The basic white and black tops keep the pants from being to over the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn, for visiting my blog! You are so right ... these trousers needed basics.

      Delete
  2. You may have left your comfort zone Norma but you look STUNNING!!! I think this is so far my fav outfit on you (except the Sgt Pepper jacket stil envious ;-)
    I can see you in this in winter with an oversize black jumper.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya! I definitely agree with you -- this is my favorite so far. The trousers are really light weight, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind just in case we have a very mild fall/winter. The wind and cold here on the prairie can be ferocious.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this whole outfit! The pants were a great find. I wouldn't have any idea what to do with these either, but you've reeeally put together an absolutely beautiful look with every piece you've chosen to go with them. One of my very favorite looks of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Even though I wasn't certain about these trousers when I bought them, I'm so happy I purchased them. They just make such a fun outfit.

      Delete
  4. Love those pants! Wide legs silky pants are so fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a fabulous job styling them. They are so interesting. What a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, they are so interesting I couldn't pass them by.

      Delete
  6. What a pretty, feminine outfit! I'm betting those little cropped trousers will work harder for you than you think. What about a chunky black sweater and little loafers or sweet flats later in the winter? Love, love, love them with your gillies and the lacy top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! You and Lenya have convinced me to give these a try this winter. I've got a few ideas for how I can make these work. Thank you so much for your input.

      Delete
  7. I love these pants! Perfect with your stylish sandals. I think these pants are daring in their own way. The whole outfit is styled beautifully.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete