Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Sgt. Pepper Jacket

I recently thrifted what my husband called "The Sgt. Pepper Jacket". (See here.) This oversized jacket is vintage and I'm uncertain of the era; because of the ginormous shoulder pads, I'm guessing '80s. I tried three styling scenarios, but eventually chose this look.

The details:
Jacket: Thrifted Vintage Julian Taylor (see here)
Skirt: Thrifted Papillon Blanc (see here)
Shoes: Naya from my closet

These are the other two choices. First, with skinny jeans (I like this look, also).

I think the tights and the Naya peep toe shoes would work with the skinny jeans if it was an occasion where I didn't need to wear flats.

The details:
Skinny Jeans: White House/Black Market from my closet
Booties: Nine West Vintage American Collection from my closet

Then, just the ruffly Papillon Blanc skirt and the Nine West booties.

Not liking this -- the black tights with the booties may have looked better. For now, I'm pleased with the first and second options.

I think I'll visit the fabric store -- they have shoulder pads and I think smaller more rounder pads would look better than the existing pads. The jacket won't hang right if I simply remove the existing pads, so I'll need to replace rather than remove.

Comments are always welcome! Thanks for viewing!

Norma VanV




4 comments:

  1. Nice jacket, Norma. I love the black trim and the double buttons. I like the first two outfits also. Looks great with the jeans or the skirt w/ tights. Reminds me I could use a skirt in my wardrobe so I can rock the tights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I need to buy new tights! When I pulled my tights out of storage, I wondered what I was thinking last spring when I put them away. Some of them are snaggy and should have been discarded.

      Delete
  2. Sorry for being so late (again) but time is a BIG problem right now. I haven't even had time to answer the comments on my own blog, though. OK here I am ;-) I want that jacket Norma!!!!! I am so envious, this is such a great jacket and you rock it in every outfit. The only thing I would do, if I could wear that awesome jacket, I would wear heels with the first outfit, maybe kitten-heels. First and second are my fav ones.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya; and thank you for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate it. Sorry about the poor photography -- I'm actually wearing approximately 4 inch heels in the first photo, which you can't see. The heels of the booties in the 2nd and 3rd photo are rather flat -- only about an 1 and 1/2.

      Delete