Monday, September 30, 2013

A Fedora and a '66 Chevy

Saturday afternoon, we attended a vintage car show. We've attended the show in the past and have always found a blue 1966 Chevy Impala Super Sport. This year, I was looking forward to having my picture taken standing by the car; unfortunately, we were not able to find one. Why a picture? Well, after high school graduation in 1970, I got a blue 1966 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport. I wanted a Camaro, but got an Impala SS instead. I loved that car and had a lot of fun with it.

So, no pix with a car, but here's what I wore to the car show:

Jeans two days in a row ... a record for me. These RL jeans fit really well, if belted and shirt tucked; that's a rarity for me. The Jessica Bennett shoes get a lot of wear time; they fit well, are extremely comfortable and wearable for walking and standing for long stretches of time, even with a higher heel.

The details:
Thrifted Turtleneck:  Talbots here
Printed Jeans: Ralph Lauren
Leopard Print Fedora: Unmarked
Belt: Talbots
Shoes: Jessica Bennett
Watch: Fossil
Necklace: 90's Unmarked
Silver Bracelets: Old and unmarked

Thanks for stopping by! Comments/thoughts are always welcome.

Norma VanV


4 comments:

  1. Cool outfit Norma. Very stylish. The fedora is just too cute, gives you one of these savoir-vivre feelings. Very cool!

    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya! I was excited to find the fedora. Most hats do not fit me, but this one had an internal adjustment.

      Delete
  2. Another cool outfit, Norma. We're seeing a whole other side to you now, aren't we? You look great.
    My dad bought me a Rally Sport Camaro for my 16th birthday! I loved that car and drove it many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I love summer, but I'm not a fan of summer clothing. It's too hot and humid in the midwest to do a lot of layering so it's difficult for me to figure out how to develop interest in an outfit. It's something I definitely need to work on next summer. However, fall, winter, and spring provide more opportunities to layer, to wear trousers/jeans, and for me to wear the outfits I love.
      Lucky you! My older brother had a '68 Z28 Camaro, so I thought I would get a Camaro. I guess my dad didn't think it was appropriate for a girl, or maybe just not appropriate for me .... lol.

      Delete