Thursday, September 5, 2013

Butterflies Are Free



Lisa of Dreamz-n-Wishz has inspired me; she pulls together great outfits from her thrift store finds. So, I recently went thrift shopping. Although this butterfly skirt wasn't free ;)  it was only $4.00. I've paired it with items I already own: a deep pink top, a beige woven belt, beige shoes, and pink, deep pink, white, and gold bracelets. There is too much going on with the neckline of the top (lots of beading, which you can't see), so I didn't add a necklace. I'm sick of my summer clothes, and this skirt helped me get through another day of heat and humidity (I'm longing to wear autumn clothes).


Next spring, I can add this jacket for the cooler days. I found the skirt and a few other items at a charitable thrift shop.  All proceeds are used for the operation of a local battered women's shelter. The overused phrase "it's a win-win" applies here, sorry. I'll showcase the other items in a future post.

The details:
Thrifted skirt:  J. Jill
Top: Talbots
Belt: Old and unknown
Wedge bow slingbacks: Naya
Bracelets: Unknown
Jacket: Talbots
Where I wore it: Allergist office for shots (ick), shopping at a new shoe store, a few errands

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty and late summer happy-looking! Nice with the little white jacket ... not cool enough here, yet. I'm with you on the "sick of summer clothes" issues, so I'm thinking about transitional colors and combos.
    Since we had a blessedly long spring this year, I'm hoping it portends an earlier fall ... cooler but with lots of rain for the pasture to last just a bit longer.
    Do I ask for too much? Nope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thanks for visiting! I hope your early fall comes true, but so far summer is hanging in for the long haul. My plan for today: rework my closet, focusing on fall color combos. Hopefully, I'll discover some hidden treasures.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your nice compliments and for your fun post. I love finding fellow thrift-shop gals in blog-land all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, don't you look pretty in your pink. Love the butterflies on the skirt...and those shoes with the bows are adorable.
    I have found that Talbots has some of my favorite clothing, although I've never bought anything from them that I hadn't thrifted. I don't think I've ever even been in an actual store. I like Chico's too, but have never bought retail. Probably for the best. Could be dangerous. ha
    I'm sorry your allergies are acting up. (My husband is a retired allergy and immunology doctor btw.)
    Fall will be here very soon. It's approaching too soon for me on this coast...but it will be fun to wear some fall fashions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks so much for your encouragement from the beginning of my blog journey.
      Talbots is my go to for most clothing; it's difficult for me to find clothes that fit and for the most part, their's fit me.
      I've developed severe late life allergies; multiple shots every 3 weeks are just part of life now. At least they seem to help! Did your husband retire in the midwest or in the northwest?

      Delete
    2. The northwest. We met online on eHarmony 6 ish years ago and I sold my home, quite my job and moved out here so we could get married. :)

      Delete
  4. Good Morning again. Duh! How come I missed this one? Sorry sweetie. You are pretty in pink. Lovely outfit. The slingbacks are cool. Love them.
    Have a lovely day sweetie.
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete