Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tunic/Kurti, Belted High

Yesterday, I wore the Indian Tunic/Kurti for the first time. Showered, dressed, and stepped outside to find that the cold front had moved through. I was dressed for 80's, but the high temperature in the forecast was 70 degrees.

Back inside to add a shrug, change into flats, and remove the tassel necklace because I thought it looked "too much" in the mirror. After seeing the photos, I think it may have been OK.


I'm not certain why but this definitely looked better belted high, maybe because of my pear-shaped body. This was an incredibly comfortable ensemble and I received many compliments throughout the day, which made me feel that I made the correct decision when I purchased this tunic.
Here's a side view which shows the slit -- definitely need to wear something underneath this. I may be able to continue wearing this well into the fall with full leggings and maybe a turtleneck underneath.

I forgot to include this vintage designer handbag in my thrift post -- found at Goodwill for $3.00. I carried it for the first time yesterday with the tunic outfit.
Today, while running an errand, I found this necklace and couldn't resist.
The details:
Tunic/Kurti: Biba by Karuna & Shradha Khaitan $32 from vintage dealer
Capri leggings: Nikibiki
Gold belt: old 80's
Tassel Necklace: Jessica Simpson
Bracelet: Talbots
Sandals: Jessica Bennett
Shrug: Jessica Howard
Ankle strap flats: BCB Generation
Handbag: Alviero Martini 1a Classe $3.00 thrifted at Goodwill
Elephant necklace: Relativity
Where I wore it: Shopping, luncheon, errands

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear your comments/thoughts/opinions!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Norma VanV

14 comments:

  1. This tunic is really special and beautiful. No wonder you got compliments. You styled it wonderfully! I did actually like the tassel necklace with it too.
    Cute little purse and necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Lisa! And thank you so much for your continued support! It really is appreciated.
      Norma

      Delete
  2. Beautiful tunic and sometimes belting high just works...removing the necklace works. The fabric eith just the belt allows that gorgeous tunic to take center stage with no competition for the eye to wander...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey, for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Love that tunic - it is stunning. And with or without the necklace, which is fantastic and I'd be wearing with everything. We had the same cool front -- hasn't it been amazing?! Except now I don't know what to wear (you would think I would have figured this out by now, right!) Love that you just added the short shrug - it worked perfectly with the longer tunic and love the contrast.
    xo ~kim & chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim & Chloe, for visiting and commenting! I truly appreciate the comments. And yes, the cool front was a shock and although I've been anxiously awaiting fall, now that it's here what do I wear? lol

      Delete
  4. That ensemble is great!!! I love the accessories you got also. Isn't style blogging a blast? Thanks for your fun compliments, too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renae! Sorry I missed your comment! Style blogging is not only fun, but I'm getting a better feel for what looks better on me. I'm also getting a better handle on what I need in my wardrobe.

      Delete
  5. It feels wonderful to play around the edges of costume, doesn't it, and to incorporate it into real-life. You look beautiful, and have styled this a treat. Very pretty. Like it best with flats, actually, and I rarely prefer flats. Ever, actually... this may be a first! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! "Playing around the edges of costume"! You have this way of getting right to the point and it amazes me! Thanks for stopping by and for the compliments! I agree, this looks better with flats. It could be the particular pair of flats, with the ankle strap and "dingle-dangle" on the strap that makes these work so well.

      Delete
  6. Hi Norma. Love how you styled the tunic. I love it best with out the shrug. The tunic is so lovely and you wearing it so beautifully. Love the necklace and for me it works perfect with the tunic as if it would be made for it. Does it make sense? The tunic and the necklace are made for each other, IMHO.

    Sorry for being late. I had no internet for the past three days.

    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya! I agree it works better without the shrug, but it was just too cool that day to go without it. Yes, you make perfect sense! And so sorry you have been without the internet ... now a days, it's as bad as being without power!:-(

      Delete
  7. very pretty outfit and i love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete