Monday, September 23, 2013

Tunic, Belted Low

Last Friday, I wore a tunic/kurti belted high. This Friday I wore another tunic, this time belted low.
Last fall I wore this tunic with leggings. I think I like it better with leggings. In order to balance this with the skirt, I had to pull the tunic up along the side shirring.

Time to give layered necklaces a try.

It wasn't hugely successful. Oh well.

The details:
Tunic: Relativity
Skirt: Max Studio
Belt: Ellen Tracy
Shoes: Jessica Bennett
Tassel necklace: Jessica Simpson
Elephant necklace: Relativity
Cuff bracelet: Talbots
Small gold bracelet: Unknown
Where I wore it: Shopping, errands, lunch, flu shot (ugh)

Thanks for stopping by! Comments/thoughts/critiques are always welcome.

Linking with Patti's Visible Monday @ http://notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.com.

Norma VanV

10 comments:

  1. I think this was very successful! But YOU must feel good in it--I love the leopard top and the belt. xoxo Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog, Paula. Here's the weird thing about this -- I did feel great while wearing it. I took the photos before I left home and didn't review them until the next day. In my mind, I thought the outfit was much sassier than the photos revealed, so I was a little disappointed.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Paula - you have to feel it. And I think you look great! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie. Actually I like the look with the pulled up tunic and most important you rock it Norma. You look very beautiful in this outfit. The heels, the skirt, love the necklace, and the tunic with the belt are perfect. OK you have to feel good in it, but sometimes one has to strike a new path.

    Have a lovely day
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya! Yep, sometimes we need to strike a new path; and I'll keep trying!

      Delete
  4. Your own worst critic ! Trying things together is what it's all about. Your instincts to begin with were great. What you show us in this outfit post is that there are a lot of ways to put a great outfit together. I like so many of the pieces you chose ... I like the tunic with the skirt idea. I have a similar skirt I need to pull out and play with for fall. Thanks for the reminder.
    The necklaces work well with the tunic. Love a waterfall of gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! And thank you for the reminder that "trying things together is what it's all about".

      Delete
  5. You always look lovely, Norma. I love that leopard top and your layered jewelry.

    ReplyDelete