Friday, September 13, 2013

Thrift Finds, Shoulder Pads, and Mixed All Up

Today, some thrift finds and a pattern mix.  First, the clothes.



The Oscar de la Renta jacket appears black and white in these photos, however, the correct colors are blue and white. The jacket has shoulder pads, but I don't think it's vintage ... no more than 13 years old, probably less.


 I love this Banana Republic light blue shirt. The fit is great, looks like it was rarely worn, and what a steal at $5.00.
This blue paisley skirt is silk, but the fit is not great -- it's a little short and a little too small around the waist. I probably should have passed this up, but I couldn't resist. The price tag says $4.99, but it was reduced to $2.00.
I couldn't resist this blue fabric woven and leather belt. When trying on the Oscar jacket at the thrift shop, I could tell I needed a belt, so I looked around and found this one to try with the jacket. It looked good and fit well enough, so for a $1.00 I brought it home too.



The jacket, blouse, and belt with jeans and red peep toes. A darker wash jean would look better, if I could find a pair that fit!

When I got home with the jacket and skirt, I thought a pattern mix might work, but after seeing the photos, I'm uncertain. There is only one slight difference between the following two photos -- the bottom of the light blue t-shirt is more visible in one photo. What's your opinion of the pattern mix -- a go or a no-go? This time I accessorized with a blue leather belt, an antique blue necklace, and beige/camel peep toe shoes.




The details:
Thrifted
Jacket: Oscar de la Renta $12.99
Blue Shirt: Banana Republic $5.00
Paisley Silk Skirt: Petite Sophisticate $2.00
Fabric Woven Belt: Limited $1.00

Other Items
Jeans:  Jones New York
Red Peep Toe Shoes: Van Eli
Blue T-Shirt: Talbots
Beige/Camel Peep Toe Shoes: Softt
Blue Necklace: Antique circa 1920's
Blue Leather Belt: Old Liz Claiborne

Thanks for stopping by! Comments/thoughts/critiques are always welcome.

Norma VanV


4 comments:

  1. What a nice jacket! Love the Banana Republic top too. The blue colors in both are very pretty.
    The thrift prices always floor me because you know what these items would cost retail. It's funny because on my way to work today I stopped at Goodwill and bought a patterned jacket and came home and modeled it for hubby with a belt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I know what you mean about the prices. I think that's why thrifting becomes addictive. I don't know if the lack of thrift items in my size is a good thing or a bad thing!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Norma. Wow! great finds! The Oscar de la Renta Jacket is to die for. You look so amazing in it. Love both looks, with jeans and with the new skirt. Lovely skirt btw. The pattern mix works beautifully for you. I really like it.
    I like the your outfit with the light tee more visible best. Looks really elegant and stylish.
    Oh and blue looks wonderful on you.

    Have a lovely weekend
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya. And thanks for giving your opinion on the pattern mix and tee styling. I thought the pattern mix and visible tee worked, but needed another opinion.

      Delete