Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Three S's -- Skirts, Shirts, and Shoes Plus A Bit of Vintage

Day 2 of last weeks thrifts finds. First, OOTD.

Autumn in the Midwest -- so unpredictable. Yesterday, I didn't wear a jacket and was a little cool with the blouse and dress combo. Today, short boots and a vest -- and just too darn warm.

BTW, I tend to plan my clothing choices for the week on Sundays; it's funny that I occasionally have planned to wear an outfit and Lisa of Dreamz-n-Wishz wears something similar :-) (Lisa, we're beginning to think alike LOL). I've changed plans before, but today I decided to go with the striped shirt.

The details:
T-shirt:  Talbots
Vest:  Talbots
Pants:  J.Jill
Belt: 80's and unmarked
Boots: Nine West Vintage America Collection

Thrift Items
All of these items were found at Goodwill; everything, except one pair of shoes, was found last week.


First up, a couple of skirts -- one summer and one gold silk.  The silk skirt has a couple of spots that I hope the drycleaners can remove.
 A brown corduroy vest -- great for this autumn.



 A short sleeve turtleneck shirt that didn't photograph very well.

 Two 3/4 sleeve knit shirts -- red and red print. Nothing special but couldn't pass them up.
This is a vintage (I think 80's) J.G. Hook olive blazer. I have plans to funkify it.

This is a sparkly midnight blue dress.


A vintage blue handbag, I think 60s, and brown suede pumps.

 Two pairs of shoes, slingbacks and ballet flats, for the summer.

And two more pairs of shoes, high heels and snake skin embossed kitten heels. The high heels were purchased from Goodwill this week and I plan to wear them tomorrow Friday in a post.

Whew! That's it for last week! I found even more this week. I think I may be addicted and may need to attend a thrifters anonymous meeting. LOL But can't wait to start playing with, and wearing, some of these finds.

The thrifted details:
Summer skirt: Talbots $7.98
Silk skirt: Talbots $3.99
Vest: Talbots $3.00
Turtleneck: Talbots $2.80
Red 3/4 Sleeve Shirt: Talbots $2.80
Red Print 3/4 Sleeve Shirt: Talbots $1.75
Blazer: J.G. Hook $3.99
Dress: Carole Little $4.99
Purse: Unknown Made in Canada $2.40
Brown Suede Pumps: Nine West $2.40
Slingbacks: Van Eli $3.00
Ballet Flats: Talbots $3.00
High Heels: Carlos Santana $3.00
Kitten Heels: Talbots $3.00

Thanks for viewing! Comments are always welcome.

Norma VanV

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you get amazing deals! It's hard not to go crazy when they're that cheap. I did a year-long challenge where I did a "one in, one out" rule - it really helped me not only cut back on my spending (thrifting is a little pricier in Victoria), but really made me evaluate whether I was buying things just because of the price or because I really loved them. It's a hard balance!

    Thank you so much for your kind comments, Norma - I am enjoying your outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I've been contemplating different strategies for thrifting because I could see this getting out of hand. Storage could become a big problem and I'm sure my husband wants to keep some closet space! Your challenge is a great idea and I know from experience that the charitable organizations are always happy to receive items, whether they had them before or not.

      Delete
  2. Gee! Norma what amazing finds!! Love the red print shirt, it's darling. All your finds are gorgeous. The midnight blue handbag, the shoes, gee!! everything is just darling. And you look pretty in your outfit, sweetie. Can't wait to see ya in the sparkling dress.
    have a lovely day
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya! I have plans to wear a couple of the items tonight. My husband and I are going out for a couple of cervezas at a local establishment (nothing fancy) before a quiet dinner at home. If the look works, I post a few pics.

      Delete
  3. Great finds, Norma. Can you believe the prices!? Under $3 for nice Talbot tops and shoes?! It's verrrrry addicting. It's so hard to pass up nice things at nearly thr price for a pack of gum. haha And it's hard to stay away from the thrift store knowing those treasures are sitting in there. I've done this for a few years now. This year I had to practically buy a whole new wardrobe because of weight loss. Now I know I need to put on the breaks...or at least ease up on the peddle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I agree that it really is hard to pass on items; I've passed on a few things, changed my mind and went back to get them only to find that they had been sold. I've come home with a few things I'm unsure about, but at the prices I won't mind just donating them back if I can't make them work.

      Delete