Friday, September 6, 2013

Labor Day Weekend, Belated

I tried my hand at a little pattern mixing one day over the Labor Day weekend. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm sick of my summer clothes, so I tried a remix (ala Jan Graham-McMillen aka Fort Smith Stylista) with a sleeveless striped green top and a lightweight print cardigan. (Thanks Jan!) Not spectacular, but OK. I was a little too warm with the sweater, so off it came half-way through the day. I decided to go jewelry free that day! The beading on the top was enough. I wear a lot of Talbots for two main reasons: 1) it's easily available in my small midwest town and most importantly 2) most of their clothing fits my petite frame without alteration.
The details:
Top: Talbots
Sweater: Talbots
Jeans: Jones New York
Sandals: Ciao Bella
Where I wore it: Out and about Labor Day weekend (including antique shopping)

This is another outfit I tried that weekend.  I don't think I like this length of pant on me, or maybe it's the shoe/pant combination. I have a love/hate relationship with pants, but more on that in a future post.

This outfit worked better with the heat and humidity. I love this shirt, although I see that I had the belt misaligned! The brown on off-white print helps to communicate early autumn while the sleeveless cotton keeps me cool.

The details:
Top: Jones New York
Jean Capris: Talbots
Shoes: Jessica Bennett
Bracelets: Unknown
Necklace: Old and unknown
Where I wore it:  Out and about on Labor Day weekend


8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Norma. Wow! Both outfits are great. I can't make up my mind which one I like best. I like them both. The one with the green top is so cheery. Casual yet chic. The other one is casual yet elegant. I really love booth. You look absolutely beautiful. Looove your necklace in the second photo.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lenya, for your kind comments and for being so supportive!

      Delete
  2. The top outfit is very cute, patterns work really well together and I love the colors.
    I am also crazy about the pattern, color, and belt detail of the second top. I know what you mean about pants. I have pants this length and they're not a favorite on me (although I do wear them) becuase my legs are short. I prefer them to hit closer to the ankle. I need to be more aware of that fact when buying in the future.
    You look great in both outfits and I love your sense of style, Norma. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! And thank you, too, for being so supportive and kind with your comments!

      Delete
  3. Thank you Lisa! And thank you, too, for being so supportive and kind with your comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow .... I guess I had a severe case of computer hiccups ... sorry!

      Delete